What should I do about a noise complaint within the City Limits?
Contact the non-emergency number at Wilson County 911 Center (252) 237-8300 and when the recording begins press #2 on your telephone. Please give the 911 operator the location where the noise is coming from and what type of noise it is. Please be as specific as possible with your description – i.e. loud music emitting from a blue 4 door Honda Accord that is sitting on the street with three white female occupants. An officer will respond and determine if the noise violates current noise ordinance provision. If a violation is verified, the offender may be warned, cited or arrested, depending on how many times the site is visited, observation made by the officer, and other circumstances that will have to be evaluated at the time of the call. The complainant is not obligated to have the officer contact him/her during the investigation of the noise complaint; however, if the complainant would like to speak to an officer by telephone or in person, the caller needs to convey their wishes to the 911 operator.
Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...